Friday, April 25, 2008

Just not enough time!!!

If you're anything like me you feel that you have about 28 hours of stuff to do in a 24 hour day, not including the sleep you most desperately wish you could get. The truth be told, I'm really not that busy. I go to work, just like everyone else, I have yard work, house work, family time and ministry time every week just like a ton of other people. But I feel like I'm sinking. I have this terrible headache and the dread of what is to come in the next 48 hours. First, I have to work until 6pm today, then it's straight to church for a lock-in that starts at 7pm and doesn't end until 8am tomorrow. After that it's right back to Chick-fil-A for a 9am - 6pm shift then back to Bellevue to take prom pictures with some of the kid's in my group. Then guess what? It's back to Smyrna for a 9pm - midnight CFA appearance at a local gamestop for the release of Mario Cart. I'll get home after 1:00am on Sunday morning, and be up no later than 7am Sunday to be at church by 8:15am. I'll leave church after noon, do some work for a friend then be back at church at 4:30pm and not leave until 8:30. Then it all starts again!
The worst part is that I've done this to myself. I make my own schedule every week for CFA and the church. I need to manage my time better. Had I remembered the lock-in I wouldn't have planned the thing at Gamestop. Had I remembered the prom pictures I wouldn't have planned the thing at Gamestop. Had I realized how nice it was going to be today I would have worked yesterday and taken today off.
I see that the problem as not that I don't have enough time. I have the same amount of time as everyone else on the planet. The problem is that I fill my time up with too much stuff. I should work on that.

No comments: