Monday, June 30, 2008

Are you sure?

Father,

What about me would lead you to conclude that I would be good at this? You know me better than anyone. You know my failures, my character flaws, my habits and tendencies. You know I'm who I am so why? Why me? I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything. More so than ever have I begun to realize that I don't deserve anything from you. I take that back...I deserve your wrath. It just doesn't make sense that you would see in me what you see and bless me instead of blast me.

Even in the midst of the pain that is my struggle I am totally humiliated in knowing that you still love me. Me! But I'm sinful! I'm lazy! I'm a procrastinator! I'm selfish! I've been know to tell a lie! I don't get it! What are you doing. I can think of several others who would do such a better job than me. Why not one of them? Why me? Why now? Why this?

It doesn't make sense. You could do so much better. Why waste your time on me? There are more obedient, more faithful, more humble people out there. Why me?

I'll do it! Of Course I'll Do It. But are you sure? Are you sure you want me?

No comments: